HAND THERAPY & KNEE REHAB
Del Valle Physical Therapy & Hand Therapy is committed to delivering stable solutions to life’s painful problems, no matter how mild or severe they may be.
Is hand therapy & knee rehabilitation really worth it?
Every year, half of all Americans over the age of 18 develop a persistent musculoskeletal injury that lasts longer than 3 months. Source
- Bone deformity
- Joint damage & arthritis
- Nerve damage
- Blood clots
- Tissue or bone death
DEL VALLE HAND THERAPY
Del Valle’s comprehensive hand therapy methods can reawaken, restore, and repair damage to your body over time, giving you the power to take back your life.
Work freely and safely with Del Valle Hand Therapy
In fact, 1 in 8 people of prime working age reported lost work days due to a musculoskeletal condition in 2012 — a whopping total of 216 million missed days of work in America.
Find joy in your work again free from pain. Call Del Valle’s hand therapy experts today.
With Del Valle’s expert hand therapy practices, we give you the strength and confidence you need to take back your life and get a grasp on your physical health.
Superior expertise & true compassion go hand-in-hand
NOEL GONZALEZ, CERTIFIED HAND THERAPIST
Noel Gonzalez is our faithful hand therapy expert and support at Del Valle. As the only Certified Hand Therapist in private practice here in Las Cruces, he is your unrivaled source for leading hand therapy methods and solutions.
Certified Hand Therapist qualifications
- Only awarded twice a year to physical or occupational therapists by the HTCC
- Must accumulate advanced hand therapy training
- Must perform 4,000 hours of direct treatment of the upper extremity
- Must have passed rigorous examination in theory & practices of all conditions hand to shoulder
- Must be a board-licensed therapist for a minimum of 3 years prior
- Must renew credentials every 5 years through continued education and practice
Common conditions treated with hand therapy
Our hand therapy methods can help treat:
Accident or trauma conditions
- Wounds, scars, burns, damage to tendons, nerves, fractures, and amputations of the fingers, hands, or arms.
- Hand therapy can help to increase and restore your range of motion prior to accident or trauma
- Our hand therapy experts can recommend & develop custom splints and braces designed for your condition
- Hand therapy can be vital to finding pain-free comfort for arthritis patients, practicing soothing remedies and daily exercises to awaken joints and ease irritation.
- Hand therapy has been shown to increase joint flexibility, reduce pain, and improve range of motion for arthritic patients.
- Info courtesy of: Healthline.com
Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome is a developmental condition caused by pressure on the nerve at the base of your palm, restricting your blood flow and causing numbness, tingling, and weakness on the side of your hand near the thumb.
- Causes of CTS include arthritis, autoimmune disorders, existing tendon inflammation, diabetes, and various lines of work.
- manufacturing, assembly work, keyboarding-heavy work (graphics creation, digital marketing, administrative work, novel writing, journalism, web programming), and construction work
- Info courtesy of: Healthline.com
- Tennis elbow is caused by overuse of the elbow, resulting in inflammation of its connecting tendon, which in turn causes pain and tenderness when moving the elbow joint.
- Tennis elbow is often developed as a result of playing tennis and similar sports, although certain occupations can play a role.
- Studies have shown that painters, plumbers, and carpenters are specifically at risk of developing tennis elbow, as well as auto workers, cooks, and even butchers.
- Info courtesy of: Orthoinfo.aaos.org
- Del Valle’s hand therapy experts can be instrumental in restoring your mind-body connection, often damaged following a stroke.
- Hand therapy for stroke patients focuses on the full scope of upper extremity movements
- including wrist rotation, finger grips, wrist extension, and more.
- Info courtesy of: Flintrehab.com
One third of all Americans report experiencing knee pain, totaling over 100 million people in the US. Source
Common conditions that may require knee rehab:
- Knee ligament injuries
- ACL injury & reconstruction
- PCL injury
- MCL sprain
- LCL sprain
- Meniscus tear
- Kneecap dislocation
- Knee replacement surgery
- Muscle strain & sprain
- Knee Arthritis
- Knee Bursitis
- Runner’s Knee
- Sciatica nerve pain
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Info courtesy of: Physioworks.com
No matter what your degree of injury or level of daily discomfort, Del Valle’s compassionate knee rehab experts are here every step of the way. From sports-related injuries, including ACL tears, muscle sprain, and dislocation, to developmental issues like arthritis and bursitis, our team is well-versed in knee rehabilitation techniques for all levels of injury.
Find the confidence you need to take the next step
Specializing in knee rehabilitation following total knee replacement surgery, our dedicated team helps ease post-surgery pain and discomfort and kickstart the healing process.